Some people may confuse about How to use the firmware to update on TV BOX via SD Card(Rockchip). Those people love the electronic product but actually, they don’t know what inside the Android TV Box. Here show you firmware upgrade via SD card.(for Rockchip)
Note: For Q1, Q2 Mini, Q2 Pro, Q3, Mxq Pro, Mxq Mini, K1, K1 Plus, K2!
Why does your Android TV Box need to update?
One day, we try to turn on our Android TV Box but it is not signal, even we check out every possible problem to fix it, but smart tv box still fail to work. We guess it dead, yet actually, update the firmware on the box may save it. However, most important please make sure it is the latest one!
For example Leelbox MXQ Pro mini(Rockchip):
No worse it is something broken on your Android box. And you try to make a factory reset but it is still get nothing better, cannot turn on normal. You may need to use the firmware to wake it up.
How to get the firmware of Android TV Box?
I suggest you not search on the website as there are supplied by different manufacturers, and those smart TV Box model change quickly. Apply Leelbox customer service for help, attach the Mac id which behind the box or if you lose it, go to setting, in the version you can see the version information about the box. It is better to give a picture of the remote. So that the customer service could give you the correct firmware(Rockchip).
Now you get the firmware, how to update?
1. Download the firmware from the link. (The customer service sent you)
Notice: There is no Burning Tool inside the Firmware File, so you should download it firstly! Check here.
2. Make SD Startup Disk.
2-1.Copy SD_Firmware_Tool.exe to your PC, then open SD_Firmware_Tool program;
2-2. Insert SD card into the USB port of PC, choose disk or SD card, choose the file of MXQ-4K-RK3229-1G8G-6051-6.016.1-MV3-0627.img, then click Start Make, wait a moment SD Startup Disk ready.
3. Connect TV Box to TV set via HDMI Cable, Insert SD Card to SD Slot，then plug power in(turn on the box).
4. Using a toothpick (or Small wooden stick), insert into the AV port of Box
5. Press and hold the hidden button and power on at the same time( turn on the box).
6. Do not release the hidden button till you see the TV screen of Leelbox Logo.
7. The update will run automatically. When upgraded finished, unplug SD Card and restart the box.
Situation 1: Unplug SD Card until Card reader until 100%;
Situation 2: Unplug SD Card when there comes out a message in the lower left corner.
This step may take a few minutes. Then it will go to this page.
6. Update will run automatically. When upgraded finished, the box will return automatically. You may wait for a few minutes.
Now you go the homepage of Leelbox.
Here attach the video—-How to upgrade TV BOX via SD Card(Rockchip)
More firmware to tv boxes check here.