A few months ago, I have written an article showing How to upgrade firmware via SD card. Another method is Firmware upgrade with USB Burning Tool. Most firmware distributed online will probably use the method above, but if you’ve been given a single firmware file, often using the img extension, you need to use another Windows tool called USB Burning Tool. If for some reasons, your firmware is badly damaged, and can’t access the recovery mode, that may be the only way to unbrick your board. Here’s how to proceed. I also attach the video show me how to make it. See below.
1.Here the upgrade method we wrote is for TV box with Amlogic S912, S905X .
such as Leelbox Q3 6.0 ( Mac number begins with C42f )，K3 7.1 (without Mac number sticker ) Please ask and check with the customer service before you upgrade firmware.
2. If your Q3 Android tv box is S812, you should know that the Android version is 5.1, this is not supported to upgrade Android 6.0 or Android 7.1, if you don’t follow the suggestion, it will damage the box!
Leelbox Q3 Android 7.1 (MAC :C42FA ) firmware Q3-912-7.1-Kodi-z02-1230:
Kingbox K3 Android 7.1 HS2734 wifi Firmware:
Steps to upgrade:
1. Download USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.9 user.rar. (Leelbox Q3 6.0 USB Bruning Tool);
Download USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.8-with-license. ( K3 7.1 USB Bruning Tool)
2. Extract the archive and run setup_v2.0.9.exe file to install the tool.
3. Start the USB_Burning_Tool.
4. Click on File->Import image and select your specific .img firmware for your Amlogic device.
5. after the firmware loaded , Use a toothpick to press the recovery button, hold on , then use the USB OTG port connecte to your PC. the TV box will be recognized.
6. Now click on the ‘Start’ button to proceed with the firmware update which should last several minutes.
When you click Start, it will start automatically burn the firmware, 3-4 minutes it will achieve 100% of the time, burn successfully.
If you don’t know how to download USB_Burning_Tool, you can contact Leelbox customer service to get one!