How to Upgrade Firmware on Leelbox Android Box with USB Burning Tool (2018)
A few months ago, I have written an article showing How to upgrade firmware via SD card. Another method is Firmware upgrade with USB Burning Tool. Most firmware distributed online will probably use the method above, but if you’ve been given a single firmware file, often using the img extension, you need to use another Windows tool called USB Burning Tool. If for some reasons, your firmware is badly damaged, and can’t access the recovery mode, that may be the only way to unbrick your board. Here’s how to proceed. I also attach the video show me how to make it. See below.
Note: This method available to Leelbox Q3, M8S PRO, M8S MAX Android 6.0 tv box, and Android 7.1 Leelbox Q3, Kingbox K3. Please check with the customer service before you upgrade firmware. More firmware of other tv boxes please check here.
Note: Leelbox Q3 Android 7.1 firmware Q3-912-7.1-Kodi-z02-1230:
Kingbox K3 Android 7.1 Firmware:
Steps to upgrade:
1. Download USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.9 user.rar.
2. Extract the archive and run setup_v2.0.9.exe file to install the tool.
3. Start the USB_Burning_Tool.
4. Click on File->Import image and select your specific .img firmware for your Amlogic device.
5. Make sure that your Amlogic device is powered off, with the USB OTG port connected to your PC. Use a toothpick to press the recovery button, and power the device. The USB burning tool should automatically detect your device.
6. Now click on the ‘Start’ button to proceed with the firmware update which should last several minutes.
When you click Start, press and hold the reset button in the AV, insert the USB head, the tool will automatically recognize the device, and start automatically burn the firmware, to achieve 100% of the time, burn successfully.
Check out “How to upgrade Leelbox to Android 7.1 via PC.”
If you don’t know how to download USB_Burning_Tool, you can also contact Leelbox customer service to get one. Welcome to comment below!